- OPEN CALL for artists and photographers to participate in the Backlight Photo Festival 2014 in Tampere and the Tampere region, Finland starting in September 2014. The call is open from January 2014 until March 15th 2014.
- Deadline: March 15th 12:00 pm CET.
- Participation: The submission is open to all photographers and photo-artists. There is no restriction regarding the age or nationality of the applicant. Also groups and collectives are accepted to participate.
- Submitting projects for Backlight Photo Festival 2014 is free of charge.
- We are looking for photography- and lens-based projects, with professional quality, dealing with Backlight ´14 festivals theme. See Theme
HOW TO APPLY
- Submitting projects is only possible through on-line application.
- Submitting the application requires registration. After registration the application and images can be uploaded and edited before final submission,
- The application form and images must be completely filled by the deadline.
- max.10 images/application.
- max. 1MB/each
- accepted formats: PNG, JPG, GIF
- Pixel Dimension 800 pixels longest side
- Please note: if offering a video work the video can not be sent on-line, please send us a link to your video within your application.
- If you are offering more than one project, please fill separate application for each project.
Each applicant can submit up to 3 (three) projects.
The online submission form is available here in this link: APPLY HERE
- The decisions of the chosen projects will be made by Backlight ´14 OPEN CALL international jury. We will inform all applicants of the decisions by May 31st the latest.
- The amount of projects accepted to the festival is due to the festivals funding. The organizer is a non-profit association functioning on annual grants. We are waiting for the funding decisions during April 2014.
- Due to the amount of applications expected the jury is not able to explain and justify the unaccepted applications.
GRANT OF RIGHTS
- When submitting entries, participants confirm that the material is their own and copyright has not been violated.
- The artist warrants that third party rights are not attended.
- The applicant is responsible for authorizations and releases from their models and subjects.
- The organizer has no right to use provided material in other purposes than the jury process before the contract has been agreed by the chosen artist and the organizer.